^Please read these terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to Mazda's free home wallbox charging unit available to customers pre-booking and subsequently purchasing a new Mazda MX-30 (the "Offer"). By participating in or redeeming the Offer, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms.
The promoter is Mazda Motors UK Limited ("Mazda"), whose registered office is at Victory Way, Crossways Business Park, Dartford, DA2 6DT.
In these Terms "you" means you, the customer participating in the Offer.
If you have any queries about the Offer or these Terms then please contact us on 03457 48 48 48
1. The Offer will begin on the date that the new Mazda MX-30 First Edition is first made available for pre-booking on Mazda's website https://www.mazda.co.uk/cars/mazda-mx-30/first-edition/ and will close once 500 of the First Edition models have been pre-booked (the "Offer Period").
2. The Offer is open to all individuals who are residents of the United Kingdom and aged 18 years or over at the time of pre-booking.
3. In order to receive a wallbox charging unit (brand and specification to be determined by Mazda) with standard installation (" Wallbox") you must pre-book one of the first 500 new Mazda MX-30 First Edition models (the "Qualifying Vehicle") on our website https://www.mazda.co.uk/cars/mazda-mx-30/first-edition/ through a pre-booking contract with a nominated Mazda dealer ( "Nominated Dealer") and pay the deposit required by the Nominated Dealer (which will be a recommended £800) during the Offer Period;
(a) enter into a binding purchase agreement with a Nominated Dealer to buy the Qualifying Vehicle from the Nominated Dealer in the United Kingdom by the date agreed with your Nominated Dealer;
(b) be eligible for the maximum £500 Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme grant ("Grant") currently offered by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles ("OLEV");
(c) request the Wallbox from the Wallbox supplier and installer (as appointed by Mazda) ("Installer") within four months of the delivery date of your Qualifying Vehicle;
(d) qualify for standard installation of the Wallbox, as defined by the Installer; and
(e) ensure the address on the order form for your Qualifying Vehicle matches the installation address provided to the Installer.
4. The Offer is not available for fleet or business sales.
5. Mazda will only fund the remaining cost of the Wallbox once the Grant has been applied. Eligibility restrictions and terms and conditions apply to the Grant and may change from time to time – please see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/customer-guidance-electric-vehicle-homecharge-scheme for details.
6. Some of the eligibility criteria for qualification under the current Grant terms include the following (without limitation):
(a) you must be the purchaser, registered keeper or lessee and named primary user of the Qualifying Vehicle, and must provide evidence of the same;
(b) the date of installation of the Wallbox must be no more than four months ahead of the date of delivery or start date of use of the Qualifying Vehicle;
(c) the Installer must be authorised by OLEV; and
(d) you must have designated private off-street parking (suitable for charge point installation) on your property at the installation address.
7. If you are not eligible for the Grant at the time of order, if the Grant is withdrawn at any time, or if the Installer ceases to be an installer approved by OLEV (or if the available grant amounts change), then the £500 cost (or the balance of that cost), which would otherwise have been funded through the Grant, must be paid by you. You will need to liaise with the Installer directly to arrange installation in these circumstances.
8. The availability of standard installation depends on various factors including the age and condition of the existing wiring at the property and the location of the nearest electricity point/meter. Standard installation is subject to survey by the Installer.
9. If you do not qualify for standard installation, then you may be liable for the costs of installation. Any additional costs (for example Wallbox upgrades, cable upgrades, non-standard installation and installations that do not qualify for the Grant) must be paid for by you.
10. Mazda will meet the balance of the cost of the Wallbox with standard installation and after application of the Grant only. Supply, installation and maintenance will be subject to a separate contract between you and the Installer. Neither Mazda nor the Nominated Dealer can accept any responsibility or liability in connection with that contract (or the supply, installation, maintenance or use of the Wallbox) and any customer queries or claims should be directed to the Installer. You will need to liaise directly with the Installer in connection with the delivery and installation of the Wallbox.
11. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have obtained all necessary third party permissions in relation to the installation of the Wallbox at your address (e.g. freeholder's permission).
12. The Offer cannot be redeemed after purchase.
13. There is a maximum of one Wallbox per household.
14. There is a maximum of 500 Wallboxes available. Once they're gone, they're gone. The 500 Wallboxes will be allocated to the first 500 customers to pre-book a Qualifying Vehicle who then go on to purchase that vehicle in accordance with and as contemplated by these Terms.
15. Wallboxes are non-transferable by you and non-refundable by Mazda or the Nominated Dealer. However, this does not affect your statutory rights or the rights you have under the contract with the Installer.
16. There is no cash or other alternative to any Wallbox.
17. The specification of the Wallbox is to be determined by Mazda. Mazda reserves the right to amend the specification of the Wallbox or to offer an alternative product of equal or greater value.
18. Qualifying Vehicles are subject to availability.
19. If a pre-booking or order for a Qualifying Vehicle is cancelled before installation of the Wallbox, then you may no longer be eligible for the Grant and, in any event, Mazda will no longer meet the balance of the cost of your Wallbox and standard installation. If an order for a Qualifying Vehicle is cancelled after installation of the Wallbox, then you may no longer be eligible for the Grant and, in any event, you will be liable to repay to Mazda and/or the Nominated Dealer in connection with the Wallbox and standard installation the cost of such Wallbox and standard installation, excluding the grant. This does not affect your statutory rights.
20. The Offer can only be combined with the pre-order of the Qualifying Vehicle and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions.
22. Mazda reserves the right to delay, postpone, vary or cancel the Offer and/or to amend, vary or alter these Terms at any time, without prior notice or compensation, to the extent it considers it necessary to do so.
23. Mazda reserves the right to disqualify any customer it believes not to be compliant with these Terms or participating within the spirit of the Offer or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour. Mazda reserves the right to use its discretion in all respects and to enforce any penalty or sanction it deems appropriate.
24. Nothing in these Terms shall have the effect of excluding or restricting liability for personal injury or death caused by proven negligence of Mazda Motors UK Limited or a Nominated Dealer, nor any other liability which it would be unlawful to exclude or restrict.
25. If there is a conflict in these Terms with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect of this Offer, these Terms will take precedence.
26. The Offer and these Terms (including any non-contractual disputes or claims arising out of them) are subject to English law. Any disputes must be referred to the English courts. Consumers in Scotland and Northern Ireland can additionally bring an action in their home courts.