Suzuki and Mazda announce scrappage scheme
*Updated 27/02/2018: Mazda has enhanced their scrappage scheme! It now includes the all-new Mazda CX-5, and cars registered before the 31st December 2010 are now eligible for scrappage.*
Starting with Ford’s announcement a few weeks ago, almost every manufacturer has been announcing their version of a scrappage scheme. Now Mazda and Suzuki have joined the ranks with scrappage schemes of their own. Launched last week, both companies are offering thousands off a new car in exchange for any car registered before 31st December 2010.
Here’s a summary of what each scheme offers.
*UPDATED 19.12.2017* Mazda have extended their Scrappage Scheme for cars registered up until 31st March 2018
It also offers a greater discount of up to £5,000 off the RRP. And there are no emissions based exclusions on the trade-in vehicle. As long as it was registered in 2010 or earlier, it’s eligible. Instead, they’ve applied a restriction to the new car based on CO2 emissions.
What are the requirements?
- The vehicle you’ll be scrapping must have been registered on or before 31st December 2010.
- The trade-in car must have been registered in the current keeper’s name for at least 60 days at the point that the new vehicle is ordered.
- Either the name or address of the new vehicle’s keeper must the same as that of the scrappage vehicle.
The offer limitations:
- Only available on Mazda 2 Petrol, Mazda3 Petrol, Mazda 3 Diesel, Mazda 6 Petrol, Mazda6 Diesel, Mazda CX-3 and all-new Mazda CX-5.
- Only available on private retail registrations.
- Not available in conjunction with any other offers.
- Vehicles purchased through Personal Contract Purchase or Conditional Sale are available with 3.9% APR up to 48 months.
- Only available on models with CO2 emissions less than 130g/km.
To find out more about the discounts available under the Mazda scrappage scheme and for full Terms and Conditions, visit https://www.twwhiteandsons.co.uk/mazda/new-cars/scrappage.aspx
What happens to my car under the scrappage scheme?
Mazda has partnered with a major disposal company, Car Take Back, to ensure your old car is disposed of responsibly. And don’t let the term ‘scrappage’ fool you; your car’s not heading straight for the scrap heap. The majority of your scrapped vehicle will be recycled in line with the Government target of 95%
If you’d like to find out if your car is eligible for the scrappage scheme and see what new cars are available, please contact our sales teams. You can find their details at https://www.twwhiteandsons.co.uk/find-us/
*Update 15/01/2018 – The Suzuki scrappage scheme has now ended. To find out about the latest Suzuki new car offers, visit www.twwhiteandsons.co.uk/suzuki/new-cars/ or contact our Effingham sales team.*
The Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) in central London was introduced in April 2019. The ULEZ enforces a fee on certain vehicles driving through the designated area based on the manufacturer’s declared emissions levels. Essentially, any car, motorbike, van, bus, coach or lorry used in the ULEZ zone must meet the minimum ULEZ emissions standards […]
As a Mazda YourWay dealership, we are committed to making your experience with us as pleasurable as possible. We are pleased to be able to offer video vehicle presentations, at home test drives and home delivery of vehicles. Mazda YourWay – Test drive from your driveway At T W White and Sons our aim is […]
UPDATE 08/03/2020 – As the 2020 World Car of the Year finalists are narrowed down to just three, Mazda finds itself with to models in contention for the overall prize – the Mazda 3 and Mazda CX-30. Mazda are once again proving their expertise at making incredible cars, with the Mazda 3 and Mazda CX-30 […]